Pages

Friday 18 March 2016

The lyrebird

Lyrebird
A lyrebird is a complex bird. It can be located in South Australia.  The lyrebird makes different imitating sounds. It makes frightening sounds such as car alarms, chainsaws and camera shots. It can also trick kookaburra. The lyrebird clears a path for female birds to show off his beautiful feathers. The lyrebird can imitate 20 different birds. The bird can make beautiful songs to make the female birds like him. A lyrebird makes interesting sounds. I wonder why do the make those noises

The lyrebird has magnificent hazel and white feathers. It’s beak is long and black and it has rough orange skinny legs. I go and complete my exploring for my journal. I go and look for that lyrebird that I was talking about. I search and I search. Then I finally find it singing and flicking it’s beautiful feathers. I start writing and then all of a sudden it started making chainsaw noises. I was hoping for it to trick a kookaburra. I finish writing all the noises he was making. Next he finally did it and I knew I had to quickly write that down. I quietly take off and I walk to the camping site. I set up my tent. I waited until tomorrow and I went looking for something else to write about.

Then I go and take pictures of something else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment