Pages

Thursday 2 November 2017

Elephant toothpaste

Screenshot 2017-11-02 at 12.17.53.png
Today me and my class were lucky enough to create elephant toothpaste. First we were split up into 3 groups. After that we read what the method and the ingredients. The ingredients were:
  • Hydrogen peroxide
  • Food coloring
  • Dishwashing liquid
  • Warm water
  • Yeast

The main ingredient was the hydrogen peroxide because without that it wouldn’t be able to rise or form in the normal form. We have been learning about chemical changes for 2 weeks and elephant toothpaste is a chemical change because it was formed into a new substance. It was irreversible. I really enjoyed experimenting with my group. I wish I could do another experiment similar to elepahnt toothpaste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment