Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

Should Grandparents get paid to look after Grandchildren?

 Should Grandparents get paid to look after Grandchildren?


In my opinion I have a 100% yes to answer that question. Grandparents should get paid for the parents job it may be fare if the child/children have no parents. I could connect this with my experience because my nan takes me for the holidays so we spend some time together. Add to that my parents also get some alone time. My parents pay the money for us to go out and have fun.


Firstly, I really think that the grandparents should be paid because they take up their time and money to look after the grandchildren and they might need help with money issues. The household could be a problem and having children to look after could sabotage their career.


Secondly, the grandparents have already put up with their children so why should they have to look after another generation. However they are their grandchildren. The experience with their children could be a lot of help. The payment must be enough to help the children. I always love it when I go to my nans because I barely get to see her, so the bonus is you get to see you grandparents.

Having to pay the grandparents could be a problem but you must respect that they look after your responsibility. I think growing up in New Zealand has helped me with my ancestry knowledge. Those are my reasons why I think you should pay grandparents.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Mālō e lelei Huntah
I really enjoyed reading your work as there were so many reasons. I completely agree with you. Grandparents should get paid to look after their children. The reason why we were told to do this is that the government is wondering whether grandparents should get paid. Just a question, you said, "Grandparents should get paid for the parent's job it may be fare if the child/children have no parents." However parents don't get paid to look after their kids on a daily basis, therefore are suggesting that parents should also get paid? If so why?

Post a Comment