Pages

Thursday 4 August 2016

Cook Island Language Week


Today a group of people from the Auckland Museum came and introduced themselves and their names were Miriama and Tau and they had a couple of friends. They basicly came to teach us more knowledge on Cook Islands and how they survive throughout the lands. I learnt a lot about boats, I learnt that there are all sorts of boats such as Vaka and more. I also learnt that cook islands use niu to keep the structure of the boat stable. Once I learnt all about their facts they showed us how they make holes for them to tie the wood up. It is some sort of drill but it is not activated by electricity, it was made by hand. It is very difficult to use but once we tried it and it was actually simple. We played some activities which was fun. I really enjoyed that day. Using the the Cook Island drill was a unique experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment